Saturday 8 August 2015

Pebble Time Watch Review - 6 things you want to know




I have been using the new Pebble Time Watch for 2 months now. Got it off from someone at Carousell for $280 as I couldn't get it in time before kickstarter ended.

I must say it blended into my lifestyle very well. It is a nice simple looking watch. Didn't have to pay a bomb for a smart watch, considering the fact that the Apple watch cost 2x more expensive
It has an average of 5 day life battery and the watch is compatible to both IOS and Android! Have you ever come across those China smart watches in the market that claims to be compatible to both platforms only to have a small * which says "compatible to IOS but cannot receive Whatsapp/facebook/bleah bleah bleah notifications* WHUATTT??! So what's the point? Everyone is using Whatapps to chat nowadays.. Fortunately, Pebble doesn't have such issue :D

The new Pebble Time Watch kinda does the job enough for me to forgo my beloved Gucci watch and I haven't looked back since. It provides direct notifications from the phone, without needing to take my phone out multiple times a day from my pocket. With a twist of my wrist, the watch lights up and TADA! Notifications right on my wrist. Reply or not to reply..? Hmm... Maybe later..

However, it can become a little annoying when you are in a meeting and your colleagues keep glancing at their smart watch. YOU THOUGHT that glancing at your phone during meeting was rude... Think again! In our society as we age, humans begin to accept the social norm that glancing at your phone during a meeting was okay..with the smart watch NOW, humans begins to think that glancing at your watch IS the NEW RUDE..! or annoying, at least for me..

The new generation Pebble Watch is also my best companion during my workout session. With Runkeeper on my wrist, I don't have to wait for my 5/10 minutes interval to know my Speed and how far I've clocked!

So after 2 months of using the Pebble Time Watch, here are 6 things you might want to know:


o I cannot bring myself to NOT wear my Pebble watch when I go out. It is almost like it's stuck onto
   my hand...


o It is a topic starter. People come up to you and chat up when they notice your watch


o I downloaded more watch face than the apps. Although Pebble have its own ecosystem, there ain't
   many apps that really caught my eye.


o The best feature of a smart watch is the push notification. enough said


o The background light is not as bright as it was marketed. Pretty disappointing but at least they
   rolled out the latest patch to improve on the issue.


o I wish Apple opens up their notification API and allow other smart watches to reply simple
   messages which I highly doubt Apple would do that...



                            Can you tell the difference between a Pebble and an Apple watch?


No comments:

Post a Comment