Monday 31 August 2015

How to appeal for rejected short term visit visa to Singapore

I've got a long distance cousin who wanted to visit Singapore recently. So I tried to apply for him via SAVE (Submission of Application for Visa Electronically) , with me as his sponsor/local contact. The cost for the application is SGD$30, regardless whether the application got rejected or approved.

So after 1 working day, I received an email from ICA, telling me that his visa was rejected. (Reminder: please remember to check your spam box because that's where the mail landed in)

So if you wish to appeal for the rejected visa, here's what you need to do:

Draft an email to ica_save_helpdesk@ica.gov.sg with the title : Appeal for entry visa application

Do provide Visa ref no. and reiterate your appeal reason in the email. Short and sweet will be sufficient.

If you do not want to encounter further delays in your appeal, here are the important items you need to attach in the email:

1) screenshot of applicant passport
2) screenshot of applicant passport photo
3) screenshot of local contact passport biodata page
4) screenshot of local contact NRIC front and back

It is said that the processing time will take up to 14 days. So fingers cross and I hope your appeal will be successfully.

Till then..

5 comments:

  1. Hi may i know how do u write the email for the appeal? Is there any sample which i could use? Because im trying to appeal for my friend and i dont know how to actually write the appeal reason in the email. Hope you could help me with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://go2singapore.blogspot.sg/2010/10/appeal-for-rejected-entry-visa.html u can check this out

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail about "Singapore Tourist Visa"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I came singapore a student visa . Afrer that i did offfence in singapore . They served me sentence . Now i want to meet my girl friend in singapore . She is singaporean . We did appeal in ica . But they reject without any reason . So please advise me what to do next . Thanks

    ReplyDelete